New in FLAC 8.0
New and Updated Constitutive Models
- Import ground motion data (velocity or acceleration) from a FLAChistory, FLAC table, or PEER file, and specify data units.
- Filter ground motion data to remove high-frequency components with a specified cut-off frequency.
- Add a baseline correction for velocity or displacement drift by removing the mean acceleration, the running average displacement, a polynomial fit displacement or a low-frequency sine function from the acceleration or velocity.
- Export processed data (acceleration, velocity, displacement, amplitude spectrum, response spectrum, or Arias intensity) as a FLAC history or FLAC table file.
Updates to Groundwater Flow Analysis
Contour Plot Coloring
Improvements to the Graphical User Interface
- Model property dialogs now provide basic and advanced input. By default, basic input properties are shown in the dialog. Users can directly modify the advanced input or accept default values for advanced parameters.
- Mechanical, fluid flow, and thermal boundary conditions are now easier to apply across attached grids.
- Plot history data is accessible for export by right-clicking on the plot window (View data). The data can be saved in *.csv format.
- Multiple files can be selected using the control key ( Ctrl ).
- Mouse position identified by x, y coordinates and zone i, j numbers is displayed at the bottom left corner of the FLAC main window when “Show Mouse coord” is selected.
- The PlotFos tool is now located in the Plot tab.
- The font size in the Record pane and in any plot legend can be adjusted (with Ctrl + mouse scroll).
- Total head boundary conditions can be specified.
- The DOS console window can be hidden or made visible from the Show/Resources menu.
- Added ‘Arc’ input option in the Sketch tool and the Geometry Buildertool.
- Added “Table Range” dialog for model view draw item min/max ids to show.
- Added “Control box size…” input to popup menu of Geometry and Virtual modes
- Added red gravity vector symbol if value is zero.
- Added View legend scroll pane if bigger than screen.
- Added transform stage to the Geometry tool and the Sketch tool for deleting and moving a geometry by group.
- Added line widths option to popup menu in plot views.
- Added wider lines to DXF background in Model View.
- Added Edge group “Special” button for “gen tables,” attaches, interfaces, and beam-interfaces in virtual grids in the Geometry tool.
- Added “autocorner” angle, default 15 degrees, to preferences (for defining quad-block corners).
- Added “Smart region” draw item zone fill mode that ignores attaches.
- Added “Smart region” mode for zone material/model/prop tools.
- Cloned plots are inserted after the original plot with the same window extents as the original one.
- Rename model stages in the record by pressing the F2 key.
- Model legend now Indicates structural element type being displayed.
- In Sketch/Builder DXF import – ask tolerance for merging vertices.
- Mark Tool – add “Toggle” mode along with set/clear.
- Split “boundary” into “external/internal” by geometric search across zone edges (in Model View).
- Split “Apply” data between mechanical/gw/thermal in Model View.
- Microsoft Visual Studio (VS 2010, 2013, and 2015) constitutive model templates are now available to assist in creating new constitutive models for users with the C++ UDM (User-Defined Model) option.
- The maximum character length per line for FISH statements is increased from 80 to 200 characters.
- New FISH variables have been added to identify zone centroids and to display total displacement results more easily.
- A new FISH function is available in the FISH Library to vary the slope angle for a given factor safety. The function automatically varies the slope angle to satisfy a user-defined factor of safety value.
- Moment-thrust and shear-thrust diagrams can be plotted for liner elements.
- The SOLVE elastic command is extended so that most of the plasticity constitutive models can now be solved elastically first to reach, rapidly, the initial elastic equilibrium state.Then the actual plastic properties may be activated and the equilibrium state is calculated.
- The length and angle keywords are available for structural elements.
- Velocities in the normal and shear directions can be FIXed for structural elements.
- Forces and velocities in the axial and shear directions can be added for structural elements.
- Rotation stiffness can be specified for structural elements.
- Pile and rockbolt strengths can be included in the factor of safety (SOLVE fos) calculation.
- Printed output produced along a line can be exported to a table.
- The region keyword is available for the FIX command.
- The output format for HISTORY write is modified to include multiple history outputs. Users can choose to store multiple histories in a file either vertically or horizontally.
- The close keyword is added for the HISTORY write command.
- Added pore pressure plot.
- Shows apply conditions in caption.
- Added a triple bench option to the grid library.
- Improved color contouring.